Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Recipe Swap!

I've decided that sense I'm going to TRY to get my family to eat better that you all might have some recipes that I could try. I'm going to post any that I find that I think you should try so I hope you enjoy!!!

Here is tonight's meal. This was awesome because I'm so sick and had no desire to cook. But this was quick and comforting!

Black Bean Turkey Chili
1 can of Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 can of Mexican style corn
1 lb ground turkey
about 3 tbs of regular chili seasoning
Chopped onion
green peppers
1 can black beans

-Brown the turkey, add peppers, onions, and chili seasoning. Mix. Add tomatoes, beans, and corn.
Mix
-Add salt and Pepper to taste. For heat, add cayenne or hot sauce
-Simmer on low for 30 min.
-Top with shredded cheese and sour cream
-Serve with corn bread or saltines

Nutrition facts (does not include cheese, sour cream, bread, or crackers)
125.9 cals
4.2g fat
Each serving is 1 cup

Hope you enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment