Friday, October 9, 2009

Avalanche

Last night was like one of the many nights I've had before. For whatever reason things/people important to me just aren't going as I want them to. I got really sad and disconnected. It felt like an avalanche of hurt piling down on me.

I refuse to let myself get down again. I cannot go back to the way I was. I have been so happy for so long now. I know what's going on . I viewed somethings that have happened recently the way I would have 3 yrs ago and that's not good. I have been so blessed with so much and I need to just focus on that. I need to remember who I am today and what I'm capable of. Things in our lives will at some point or another become tough. Even the good things can wear us down. But you have to decide what's worth fighting for.

I try hard everyday to be the best Christian I can be, but everyday I fall short. I will never stop trying and yet I know that I am destined to fail because of my human nature. The goal is to try. So, I have to shrug off this sadness that paralized me last night. Dig myself out of the avalanche and continue on with God as my strength.

I know that at times I will get hurt. I will feel sad. I will feel like running away before I get hurt, but I can't act on those feelings. As Christains we have to stand in the path of possible heartache and no matter what hang on to our purpose which is to be someone who God is proud of.

Remember who you are. Don't let fear or history get in your way. Stand with God and don't be moved....

No comments:

Post a Comment